Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The December 11, 2014 KPPCSD Board meeting agenda packet has been posted and is available here.
The KPPCSD Board has signed a new franchise agreement with Bay View Refuse and Recycling. The press release is available here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Gregory Harman: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday of each month. Agenda packets are available here.