Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
Kensington Police arrested two suspects and recovered a stolen vehicle, handgun, stolen property, and burglary tools. View the press release … More
2014-10-09 KPPCSD Board Meeting from KPPCSD on Vimeo.
2014-09-11 KPPCSD Regular Board Meeting from KPPCSD on Vimeo.
Please note that the meeting will begin with a Closed Session at 6:00PM. The regular Open Session will begin at … More
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Gregory Harman: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday of each month. Agenda packets are available here.